Mono (& Moonlight) Licensing? Revisited

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:36:51 UTC 2009

If you are as scared of legal issues as you seem to be, then just pull
ASP.net, ADO.net, and Winforms out. You would make a lot of people mad, but
if you are really paranoid...
Look at this for more info: http://mono-project.com/License#Patents

<http://mono-project.com/License#Patents>Also, regarding Moonlight 2, it is
merely a subset of Mono, with some extra APIs suited for it, the only real
difference between Moonlight and Mono is codecs. And you don't even have to
include those, since Moonlight by default does not require them and can
download them automatically when they are needed.

I really don't see why you should freak out over Moonlight, if Mono is
protected, then Moonlight 2 should be protected, since it is a form of Mono
itself.