Status of aic79xx driver in the linux kernel

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Sat May 2 11:32:03 UTC 2009

I have been having some problems with an Adaptec 39320A-R card and have
been poking around and found that the driver in the kernel claims to be
derived from an Adaptec version 2.0.15 which was release in October
2005! There is a later version on the Adaptec site from April 2007 - 2.0.26.

I was wondering if anybody knows the actual status of the driver in the
kernel i.e. has it diverged so far that the Adaptec updates are moot;
have they already been incorporated into the kernel but the docs not
updated to reflect this, or ...

I ask because I am trying to decide whether to invest the time to look
at integrating the latest Adaptec drop to see if my problems go away.

Howard.