Abandon "Default Desktop"

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat May 2 22:05:16 UTC 2009

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> When we talk about bring resources to the table..do we have a good
> idea of what sort of bar to meet?  If for example our current KDE SIG
> championed a lobbying campaign for Nokia resources for the KDE effort
> in Fedora, what would they need to shoot for?

Hmmm, is this really all about money? If we had 100 volunteers working on
KDE, actually outnumbering the GNOME developers on the RH payroll, but few
to no payed professionals, would you still consider us second class because
no money is involved?

I think the primary problem here is numbers, not money. Of course, money
would help getting the numbers up, but IMHO it isn't a goal by itself, just
one of the ways to get there.

        Kevin Kofler