FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sun May 3 19:13:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 19:52 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 10:12 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > The problem is that it seems Bastien didn't think too hard about what
> > use cases the design would need to cover, in terms of actual uses of
> > actual hardware. Note that this is not the same as attacking the
> > interface design per se. The design is fine for the use cases it
> > covers.
> > The problem is it doesn't cover all of the use cases it needs to.
>
> The use cases were there for people to read for *1 frickin' year*. It
> went through Fesco's approval. You would have thought *someone* *anyone*
> would have seen that use cases were missing.

You keep falling back on the feature page.

Sorry, it's kind of hard to test something that doesn't exist. I don't
understand why you seem to be having so much trouble understanding that.

> You didn't, I didn't, people tried to close the door after the horse had
> bolted.

Wide testing isn't going to happen until at least the release of Beta.
That's why it's called Beta.

This "Oh, you didn't complain a year ago you're too late" thing is a
cop-out.