182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu May 7 18:11:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 07 May 2009 10:41:37 -0700
Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already?  How
> have these seen any testing by a wider audience?  Are we really just
> not bothering with updates-testing anymore?  Do we not care about
> distro stability?
>
> I know that many of these are newpackages, but many aren't though.
> </frustrated>

Speaking for the 15 Xfce updates:

They are an update from 4.6.0 to 4.6.1.
These updates are mostly translation fixes, along with a very few minor
bug fixes.

http://mocha.xfce.org/documentation/changelogs/4.6.1

I have been running them here since the day they came out with no
problems at all. Also upstream there are not much in the way of bug
reports, so I thought they should be ok to move to stable.

I suppose I should have left them in testing for a bit, but also many
people will expect a newly released fedora to have the latest version
available, especially if they are in a locale that got updated.

kevin