182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu May 7 20:36:40 UTC 2009

On 05/07/2009 08:11 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 15:53 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
>>> Definitely.  Whenever I ask users to test an update and then comment in
>>> bodhi, the latter never happens.  They test the update and 2 weeks later I
>>> get a nag mail from bodhi about updates still sitting around.  I move them to
>>> stable since I at least had the original reporter test it and verify it
>>> worked.
>>>
>> I frequently have the same experience.

Reporter depended and goes both way's with regards to reports
maintainers not replying back to reporters and yes that's also depends
on which maintainer it is.

I asked for a reminder for tester to use and vote bodhi in the updates
testing reports  but apparently add that simple text to the top of those
report proved to be too difficult or fell for deaf ears..

> I don't see anything wrong with this, as you're getting somebody to test
> it before you move it.  The thing that bothered me was how many packages
> were going straight into updates without passing -testing.

Push this bits to the rawhide repo (  perhaps setup update-testing repo
earlier in the process ? ) to get more and wider testing of those bits....

We will never get a good enough testing for all these updates if testers
need to hand pick each update from koji.

+ that will only result in testers hand pick components they favor or
depend
on and use alot.

Anyway perhaps it's time to revisit this process see if it can be
improved or
approach differently and if solution is found it tried in next release
cycle ( F12 ).

JBG

--
Viking-Ice

One of my gods has a hammer your's was nailed to a cross
You do the math!