182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 8 15:14:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 12:17 +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> I've always assumed that we're supposed to try and not break the
> upgrade path for (N-1+updatesForN-1) to (N+updatesForN). Is that not
> the case?

It's the only case we can realistically try for.

> > Are you suggesting some distro release level super epoch?
> >

> I've often wondered why we don't have such a thing, but I've always
> noticed that discussions around these sorts of ideas usually become a
> bit of a flame fest.

Yeah, I haven't put a lot of effort into such a thing myself.  It'd be
far easier if we didn't have multiple active releases at any time, or
didn't allow version bumps in N-* releases.  Of course, those are even
more "flamey" topics.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!