182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 9 03:38:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 04:30 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I wouldn't consider that a reasonable interpretation. glibc itself
> > should be part of core, but we can't consider *every* package part of
> > core just because it could provide glibc.
>
> But any package can install an initscript which runs "reboot", good luck
> booting that system without going into interactive boot.

well, like I said, we really can't consider egregious abuse in this
idea, but that doesn't shoot it down entirely. The idea is not that it's
bulletproof, just better. Anyone can cite ways to vandalize just about
anything, but that's not an excuse not to try.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey