glibc fork ?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon May 11 23:14:23 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Package http://libbsd.freedesktop.org/wiki/

I was crazy enough to check the license of every single source file in
there: the good news: to the best of my knowledge, the package is:
1. Free Software and acceptable for Fedora,
2. 100% GPL-compatible (no advertising clause or similar nonsense) and
3. 100% non-copyleft,
so there are no license issues whatsoever.

The license tag should be:
License: BSD and ISC and Copyright only and Public Domain
(one of the "Copyright only" files is the "Beerware license" which is listed
in Licensing, the other says:
> * Modification and redistribution in source and binary forms is
> * permitted provided that due credit is given to the author and the
> * OpenBSD project (for instance by leaving this copyright notice
> * intact).
).

        Kevin Kofler