What is the best way to store information cross desktop

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Tue May 12 05:29:57 UTC 2009

Hi all,

If one application (with GUI) wants to store informations (like
username, password, some other texts) cross desktop, what is the best
way to achieve that?

A Gnome application can use gconf/gnome keyring or a KDE application
can use KWallet, but those two are totally desktop specific. I know
people who use Gnome don't want to run KWallet or a KDE user will not
like to use any gnome way to store information.

I am working on Python (PyKDE4) based Wordpress blog client and I want
it to run properly on any desktop.

Kushal
--
http://fedoraproject.org