Breaking deps deliberately

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 13 14:20:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:14:31AM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> Fine - then I'll propose a new rule that will retroactively apply to ALL
> packages:
>
> "No broken dependencies are allowed for package or update (including
> updates-testing) for any given release version of the fedora linux
> distribution."

Sounds like a sensible guideline?

> and I think we need to ask if your provenpackager  status should be
> re-evaluated.

For what?  Breaking a non-existant guideline in order to help people
who kept asking me for Fedora 10 support for libguestfs?  Maybe we
should 'discipline' people for breaking other unwritten rules too,
such as adding packages to Fedora when sitting in bed or not correctly
dressed.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top