Package Maintainers Flags policy

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Mon May 18 16:08:35 UTC 2009

Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Andrea Musuruane schrieb:
>> May I kindly ask what is the reason behind this decision? Or, even
>> better, can someone update the above wiki page explaining the reason?
>>

> Yes, I find this guideline anouyance. So a explaination, why we need this
> policy may be helpful.
>
> Best Regards:
>
> Jochen Schmitt

I was wondering as well.  If it's a disk space issue, like the new font
guidelines, it makes sense, but otherwise at first blush it looks like a
solution in search of a problem.  Not flaming, just drawing a blank on
the intended benefit.  I agree that it should be on the wiki page.

--
in your fear, speak only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie