Package Maintainers Flags policy

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 14:05:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 15:50, Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/19/2009 09:50 AM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
>> Are there countries not agreeing with each others regarding the
>> official status of other countries (not like country A says country B
>> is inside country A, but rather country A and country B disagree on
>> the status of country C) ? Are there countries that disagree with the
>> UN regarding the official status of a "geographic area" ?
>
> To answer your questions, yes, and yes.

Then we're totally doomed :)

I mean, how could we hope to solve this kind of issue on our level if
even those of the world can't ?

Anyway, sticking to the official internation standard list of
countries maintained by UN (if such a list exists) seems much more
neutral to me. We don't decide anything on countries, we use the
decision of an official organization empowered to make such a
decision.

By abandoning flags alltogether, we actually make a decision: we
choose to side with those who don't agree with the UN.