Package Maintainers Flags policy

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 19 23:24:38 UTC 2009

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Note that this one is tricky.  A generic flag is fine.  But if a real
> group (not necessarily a country) associates themselves with the flag,
> it would become banned under the current policy.

Then what would a "generic" flag be? Single-color flags are often used by
political groups (e.g. all black = fascist, so if you thought to avoid the
issue by using that, you've just made it worse).

The only reasonable definition of "generic" I can see is "this flag is not
used to represent a country", e.g. a set of flags being used as an icon
for "localization".

        Kevin Kofler