Why not to create Fedora-us and Fedora-non-us branches?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue May 26 17:39:45 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 01:25 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

>>> Because all the builds and composition is done in the US, and the trademarks
>>> are held by a US entity.
>> Not a serious reason. Why not to relocate then in Europe?
>>

>> --
>> With best regards!
>>

> Find us a Company in Europe that is not based in the US that is willing
> to fund with people and money as much as Red Hat is doing now.
>
> Oh, Europe won't help much, there are just as many silly laws there as
> there are in the US.

Is there a reason that an interested party (in a locale where such
export is legal) couldn't just create a custom spin on their own (and
using their own build system) to create a Fedora-T6 spin (or for
trademark reasons, rebrand it)? I can see this being a perfectly good
premise for setting up a SIG...

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761