Online Docs group was: I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed May 27 12:16:10 UTC 2009

> On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 15:09 +0200, Pierre-Yves wrote:
> > Maybe packageKit pointing out / highlighting package that have
> > subpackage (such as -docs or -flags) might help this advertisement.
>
> There is an Online Docs group that has the -docs subpackage for many of
> the system-config-* packages.  It uses conditionals which are painful,
> but would be a way for more -docs subpackages to be visible, and if the
> user wishes to have local documentation, if available, for the packages
> they've chosen, they can pick that group.
>
> The group name is a bit... wrong, but maybe a group of people that care
> about documentation could help come up with a better name, and help to
> ensure that all the available -docs packages get listed in this group.

Sorry for chiming in late, but I'm just catching up with email after
being on vacation. This particular group was my brain-fart, I just
wanted to have a way to easily include/exclude online help documentation
(mostly to make it easy for people doing live media to leave it out).
Feel free to rename if you have a more suitable idea, though. If there
is another means to achieve the same purpose, I'm all ears as well.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty