Packaging Survey - May 2009

Michael Fleming mfleming at thatfleminggent.com
Thu May 28 01:09:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009 17:01:56 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I did a quick survey from Fedora on what software Fedora users are
> using that is not available in the repo. Here are the results. If you
> find anything interesting, feel free to pick it up.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Survey_May_2009
>
> Rahul

I can put my courier-authlib packages up for review - rpmlint only has
fairly minor complaints which are easily fixed - which will in turn
allow maildrop (which is already here) to build against it.

Courier-imap has it's own peculiar way of self-upgrading (via
sysconftool, another one of Sam's tools) which is extremely convenient
for the end-user but is definitely not the Fedora way of doing things.

The spec file is like a rougelike for RPM - once you go in you may
never come back alive

The configuration files under /usr/libexec can be moved around with
symlinks but getting it in good enough shape to pass review would
require some major surgery. However I'm on holidays from work at the
moment so I have some spare time, I might give it a shot anyway. :-)

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at thatfleminggent.com> - (EMail/XMPP/Jabber)
WWW: http://www.thatfleminggent.com