smlnj package

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Thu May 28 03:19:05 UTC 2009

On 05/27/2009 07:07 PM, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> Hey, would anybody be interested in helping to maintain a package for
> smlnj (http://www.smlnj.org/)?  I recently made a package for it
> (http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/pkgs/smlnj/), but I'm not quite brave
> enough to take on maintaining this all by myself (especially since I
> haven't even started learning SML yet).

Hi,

I can help maintain smlnj. I'm the maintainer of mlton, an SML compiler.
Once you get it into Fedora, I'll request co-maintainership.

You'll want to bootstrap your package, so that you don't rely on
binaries in the SRPM. I'm not exactly sure how to do it for smlnj, but
it will be something like this:

 1. Build with binaries in SRPM.
 2. Get it into koji rawhide
 3. Rebuild with BuildRequires: smlnj and with source only.

Thanks,

Adam