gnaughty is a hot babe

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Fri May 29 14:28:38 UTC 2009

On 05/29/2009 03:27 PM, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>> Where do you anything about "family values and moralities" in Fedora's mission statement? I see statements about software being free to use,
>
> that's why I said us [in ojuba.org] as I'm member of both fedora and ojuba
>
> but fedora shouln't make it difficult for us by design, it should give
> us the choice.
>
>> That said, if there are clearly identifiable class of programs that may
>> be deemed offensive by a large set of people (and *not* governments),
>> then it would be sensible to mark them so that people can consciously
>> and *individually* decide to (not) install/remove them or use spins that
>> explicitly exclude/include them.
> +1
>
> exactly, I did not ask fedora to remove or ban those things, I asked
> them to make it easy for us to choose
>
> I wrote a proposal
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InappropriateContents

I don't think you can just flag Packages as inappropriate because everyone
has his own definition for that term. If you really want to make this work
you'll have to create specific classifications like "nudity" or "violence"
so people can make informed decisions. People might be ok with violent
content but not nudity. When I see a Package marked only as "inappropriate"
that doesn't help me to tell whether *I* would find that inappropriate or not.

Regards,
   Dennis