How to add upstream developer as a (co)maintainer of the existing application?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Nov 1 21:31:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 20:31 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> I remember, that if Redhat hires someone from upstream, then no
> additional procedures with review requests and sponsorship needed (at
> least visible to others, outside Redhat) - (s)he just started to be a
> (co)maintainer.

For the record, I wasn't hired from 'upstream' and I'm not in the
development group so they may have different procedures, but I certainly
didn't get any automatic packaging privileges when I joined, I went
through the sponsorship process just like any other contributor.

As other replies suggest, I think the procedure in this case doesn't
differ from any other. Being a coder does not automatically make you a
proficient packager, it's just the same as the converse (we wouldn't
assume a good packager was a good hacker).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey