Installing F12-Beta

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Nov 2 08:21:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 15:47 +0800, Steven James Drinnan wrote:
> David why you are so upset? No need to get nasty. I simply posted a
> message about my problems installing F12. I did not Hijack any thread
> (see the subject name). I thought this was a public forum. I sent this
> to the whole mailing list. My apologies if I offended you.

I'm not upset, and wasn't nasty. I was just trying to help you
communicate more effectively, and without adding noise to other
discussions.

You _did_ hijack the thread -- you replied to Adam's message, using your
'reply' button instead of composing a new message to the list.

Your mail is clearly marked, in its headers which I quoted, as a reply
to that previous message -- as part of that older thread. It should have
been a _new_ thread, not a reply to the existing thread.

Please don't do that. And, while we're at it, please don't top-post
either. And please remember to quote only what you actually need for
context rather than repeating the _whole_ of the message to which you're
replying. You may find http://david.woodhou.se/email.html to be useful
reading.

> All I can tell you is what happened.
>
> Which is I put the DVD in the drive and after a while it came up with a
> recursive error and said it was fixed but needed to restart the
> computer.

You _still_ didn't actually post the precise text of the error you saw,
along with any output leading up to it. It's almost as if you don't
_want_ people to be able to help you.

Now that you posted the actual bug number rather than just teasing us
with "I put it in bugzilla but I'm not telling you where" as you did in
your previous mail, I can see that you didn't post the full error there,
either.

Please, show us the words you actually see on the screen -- or take a
photo, perhaps.

--
dwmw2