Wodim trouble

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 17:16:29 UTC 2009

Dne 2.11.2009 17:31, Kevin Kofler napsal:
> Ankur Sinha wrote:
>> "wodim is completely unmaintained since May 6th 2007, don't
>> expect to see any fixes anytime soon as long as Redhat
>> continues to distribute wodim instead of the original software."
>>
>> Can someone please clear this up?
>
> It's just the usual FUD from Jörg Schilling. Ignore it.
>
> The latest commit to cdrkit upstream was 3 weeks ago.

Although you are technically right, the commits for the last two years
have been boring cleanups, typo fixes and warning silencers. They don't
seem to be fixing any actual bugs in CD/DVD burning.

The last commit that did something which looks like a technical change
was indeed on 2007-05-06 (
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debburn/cdrkit/trunk/wodim/?rev=767&sc=1 ).

Look here for the log and read the commit messages:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debburn/cdrkit/trunk/wodim/?op=log&rev=0&sc=0&isdir=1

So wodim does not look like a well maintained project to me.

Michal