Wodim trouble

Josephine Tannhäuser josephine.tannhauser at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:48:07 UTC 2009

2009/11/3 Conrad Meyer <cemeyer at u.washington.edu>

> In this case, upstream (wodim) is a fork of Joerg Schilling's project.
> Wodim
> was forked from cdrecord because Joerg is crazy. Joerg likes to call wodim
> "the broken fork" and cdrecord "the original software".

He visited all the booths of linux distributions at "Chemnitzer Linux Tage"
and started some trouble.
The ML and BZ of the Linuxdistros, which are using wodim is the outlet of
Jörgs furious anger about the fork and the debian maintainer who is the
upstream coder of wodim!  There was already a 'wodim vs. cdrecord'
discussion at fedora-legal-list.

I have a big respect for Jörg, not for him as person, but for his
attainments!
--
Josephine "Fine" Tannhäuser
2.6.29.6-213.fc11.i586