Fedora 12 now in RC freeze

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 04:49:17 UTC 2009

> We are reaching a *very* deep freeze now as we try and get a final

release candidate for Fedora 12. Bodhi is now open for submitting

F-12 updates, and we hope to have update repositories for testing

later this weekend.

If you have critical blocking issues, you can continue to file

tag requests with 'make tag-request', and they will be considered.

For the majority of updates, though, please use bodhi.

Thanks,

Fedora release engineering

Fedora 12 looks very well. But it seems that some components of GNOME has
been removed or disappeared.

For example, system-config-selinux disappears. I can not find it in the
retired packages list. Is it merged into another package?

I read some documents about gnome-2.28 on Fedora wiki. There should be a tab
named as  "Interface tab and enable"  in
the System->Preferences->Appearance. As a matter of fact. It is used to
enable the icons for the buttons. However, no one find out it.

Another things, I still consider the 'Main Menu' preference dialog should be
reserved. I believe that many guys will customize their Gnome menu. As so
many users will use it, Why remove alacarte by default? 'Show Desktop'
applet in the gnome panel is the same with 'Main Menu'. I request to add
them by default.

Liang Suilong

--
<url>http://www.liangsuilong.info</url>