Fedora 12 has gone gold

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Nov 10 02:21:59 UTC 2009

> We have just completed our Go / No Go meeting for Fedora 12 and have
> reached the decision to Go.  Fedora 12's package set is golden and we're
> ready to stage things for shipping.  Great work all around, I'm very
> proud of this release.  I'm sure there will be more back patting and
> hand shaking to come, but Will Woods would like to remind everybody that
> it's just 11 weeks until Fedora 13 Alpha freeze!

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all involved in F12.

Over the development cycle I couldn't get my system to boot, then I
couldn't get X running, and then I couldn't keep it running and finally
the ATI issues I and others were having were resolved.

I'm pleased to say that while I didn't get to see it evolve from f11 to
f12, when it finally worked, it was far better than I ever expected, and
many of the issues I've had with f11 have been resolved which is great
(and yes, I had filed bugs ;-])

Rodd