intent to retire: kudzu

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Wed Nov 11 06:37:12 UTC 2009

On 2009/11/09 3:28 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 11/10/2009 01:58 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> However, it is still being required by two programs:
>> - hwbrowser
>> - fwfstab
>>
> I filed a bug report against these programs a while back to move away
> from Kudzu. Neither of these programs themselves seem to be actively
> maintained anymore.
>
> Rahul

I originally wrote it to aid users edit their fstab to get partitions
automounted at boot, but for the past few Fedora releases that can be done
right from Gnome/KDE so as a result I haven't given fwfstab much attention.

I will update it eventually to DeviceKit, but I can't invest the time at the
moment. Would it be possible to have it temporarily removed from the repos?

Thanks,
Stewart