Identifying remaining core font users

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Nov 11 22:37:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:40:26 -0800,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 09:01 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 13:11:03 +0100,
> >   Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Therefore, I'd like to identify remaining core font users, and remind
> > > them periodically their core font use is not good for their users or for
> > > Fedora.
> >
> > Is there any documentation on how to avoid this? I am the current maintainer
> > of glest and am not sure what I even need to be looking for, let alone
> > how to fix it.
>
> As you're a true maintainer and not a hybrid maintainer/upstream
> developer like a lot of Fedora packagers, you should be annoying the
> hell out of your upstream to move to a non-antiquated font system :)

I'll try to understand the problem well enough to make a coherent request
and then communicate it upstream. Based on my understanding of what's going
on in the project right now, there isn't likely to be big changes in what
we are using in Fedora soon. There is a pilot subproject that seems to be
getting the most attention right now and eventually it will merge back. In
the meantime things are moving slow for the base project.