texlive2009 f11 broken by today's update

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Nov 13 08:04:20 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 November 2009 00:38:21 Neal Becker wrote:
> Was working, but after today's update:
>  pdflatex pll_freq_ramp.tex
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 2009)
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
> I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

I have been testing this on F-12 and sometimes update break with this same
error. The latest updates are working here.

The symptom is that running fmtutil-sys --all as root returns nothing.

I have still determine what causes this, and since the last update is working
I don't have an incentive to continue searching. :-)
--
José Abílio