F12-Beta-i686-Live has some bugs

Ikem Krueger ikem.krueger at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 15 02:53:42 UTC 2009

I booted from cd and I was left with a black screen. When I switched
to a console, I got:

render error detected, EIR: 0x00000010
[drm:i915_handle_error] *ERROR* EIR stuck: 0x00000010, masking

I guess the kernel is guessing my graphiccard wrong. Usually I use
"i810" or "intel" in Xorg.

Workaround is to boot with "nomodeset". (That isn't even working with
the LXDE Spin. :S)

---

When I boot without "rhgb", I got several times:

WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.

And at the end:

plymouthd: ply-event-loop.c:729: ply_event_loop_stop_watching_fd:
Assertion 'watch != ((void *)0)' failed.

--

Btw, Where went the options for "testing ram", "testing cd/dvd", "failsafe"? o.O