Broken deps for rawhide the past few days

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 14:50:58 UTC 2009

> Many of you received emails over the weekend and this morning regarding
> broken deps in rawhide.  If these emails mentioned that the deps were
> broken on ppc or ppc64 they can be ignored.  We are no longer producing
> ppc/ppc64 as a primary arch, however we forgot to tag the config change
> that enacted this on our compose tools.  We were attempting to compose
> ppc(64) trees with only noarch packages, and well things didn't work so
> hot.
>
> We should have this fixed today so that future emails about broken deps
> will be about actual broken deps, not broken configurations.  Sorry for
> the mailbombing.

*sigh*

While we were successful in building a new mash package that would avoid
making ppc repos, we forgot to update one of the rawhide creation
configs so that it used dist-f13 content as opposed to dist-f12.  So the
rawhide creation process has been using dist-f12 content all this time
to build up the chroot, which would then compose dist-f13 content.  This
means that the dist-f12 version of mash was used, not the dist-f13
version we built to disable ppc.

I've corrected that.  Third try to kill the ppc deps should be the
charm.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!