Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:33:40 UTC 2009

2009/11/18 Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at redhat.com>

> On 11/18/09 07:55, Josephine Tannhäuser wrote:
>
>> I think this is a script which reads your currently used architecture
>> and provide a dl link. please insert a x86_64 livecd and try it again!
>>

> Wrong.  Going there with Fedora 11/x86_64 (firefox) offers the 32bit
> version too.
>
> cheers,
>  Gerd

There's no javascript on the page checking client arch; i think the idea was
discarded, because the machines used to download and install most of the
times are not the same.

I really like the "more download options" link found in the spins website
(which is
awesome, kudos to the designers), showing an additional x86_64 download
block with dhtml.

cheers
--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>