Bug zapper clears NEEDINFO

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 23:10:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 22:03 +0100, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 18.11.2009 21:07, Jeff Spaleta napsal(a):
> > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Should the NEEDINFO flag be cleared by adding such a comment?  I
> >> didn't expect that.
> >
> > when you set the needinfo flag did you set it such that anyone could
> > clear it or did you specifically require that the original reporter
> > needed to reply in the bugzilla interface?
>
> But to be fait. Bugzappers should be conscious of this and careful not
> to liquidate needinfo by mistake, even when it was set incorrectly.

To be clear (we went over this on IRC :>) the initial message talking
about 'Bug Zapper' is talking about the automated F10 EOL bug
housekeeping. Since that added a comment on each bug, if those bugs were
in 'needinfo anyone' state, they're now not in it any more. =) there's
not much we can do about that.

but indeed, everyone should be careful to use needinfo appropriately.
generally it's a bad idea to use the 'needinfo from anyone' flag as it
will be cleared incorrectly far too often.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey