Question about tagging

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 19 01:32:28 UTC 2009

-> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:53:16 -0700, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Tom \"spot\" Callaway wrote:

>>> will.  > ;)
>>> >

>>> I did. What I generally run is 'cvs -PAd'
>>>
>>> I even removed the devel directory and re-checked it out by running
>>> 'cvs -PAd' in the top level directory.
>>
>> What about the "common" directory? That's the important one, one
>> level above "devel".
>>
>> $ cat cairomm/common/branches|grep devel
>> devel:dist-f13:.fc13:fedora:13

> That was it. Thanks.

This has bitten me (and other users judging from the earlier reports
here) before.  It would be better if "make tag" was to check that the
"common" directory that it checked for "branches" was up to date
*before* allowing "make tag" to proceed.

This is the kind of thing that is very easy to overlook when you are
away from maintaining packages for a while and should be automated.

Which component would be best to open a trac ticket for this
functionality against?

Alex