Local users get to play root?

Mail Llists lists at sapience.com
Thu Nov 19 04:24:11 UTC 2009

 Jeff et al are 100% correct - why this is even debated is unfathomable
to me.

Surely it is completely obvious that the default should be off. (as it
was and will be in f13+).

 Why have we not got a revert fix to turn this back off in updates-testing ?

 Please fix it now - then discuss how to improve the desktop experiance
for Aunt tilly. But first put the security back to what it was, should
be and presumably will be again anyway.

 If people need it, add a button to the PK gui config tool. (WHat is it
called anyway?) - I cant seem to find a [gui] config tool of any kind -
maybe that should be built too before futzing with insecurity policies?

  gene/