Local users get to play root?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 06:54:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 15:39 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> Why do you assume anyone here on this thread can fix this?
>
> Its up to the package maintainer to take a fix and ensure its well
> tested, pointless fire-drill exercises might make you feel better,
> but they don't help the distro.
>
> Really all this bullshit in this thread, and not one patch? I think
> ppl prefer hearing themselves spout than actually supply a fix.

I don't think it's a question of supplying a patch. It's not a code
deficiency, it's a conscious policy choice. The maintainer knows
perfectly well how to change the policy - after all, that's what he did
in the first place. It's not that he's just waiting on a patch, that's
not the issue here.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey