Security policy oversight needed?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 13:29:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:32:50PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/11/19 Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar at gmail.com>:
> > policykit-profile-server
> > policykit-profile-controlled-deployment
> > policykit-profile-personal-desktop
>
> Sure, that's not an insane idea at all. I would imagine most network
> admins worth their salt would be shipping custom PolicyKit overrides
> in F12 anyway. Aim for the desktop use cases on the "Desktop" spin,
> and let other spins change the defaults.

It makes sense to me for the upstream defaults to be fairly
restrictive, with changes being made downstream in distros (and their
remixes/spins) to loosen those up as needed.  In other words, our
desktop package group would include whatever was needed to induce the
desired behavior in the Desktop spin.  A good bit of this issue would
need to be addressed upstream though.  (Maybe I just repeated what you
said, not sure if I caught the nuance.)