Local users get to play root?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:00:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Bojan Smojver <bojan at rexursive.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 14:31 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> .. err Jeff Garzik already made that point in this thread.
>
> Yeah, so what? Am I not allowed to agree? Or not allowed to point to
> another site?

Here are the rules about external reference material.  Its only
constructive to point to another site if its adding new information
from a yet to be heard source that can be reasonably thought of as an
authority in the area.  Referencing a link to Jeff Garzik's LWN post
where he reiterates what he has already said in this mailinglist
discussion doesn't add anything. And while Jeff is most certainly free
to express the same opinion across multiple concurrent discussions
that are happening in multiple places.. its unnecessarily repetitive
to cross-reference his comments when he's here already speaking for
himself.

-jef