Local users get to play root?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 22:37:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 09:25 +1100, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 03:00 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > I would have thought, it should have actually convinced you to not
> > indulge in same thing but apparently not. I will lower my expectations.
>
> You don't seem to realise that right now you have a protest staged
> outside your office. Your response appears to be "all you stupid people
> go home and wait for a decision".

No-one's calling anyone stupid. What would you suggest would be better
than escalating the issue at the first available opportunity to the
appropriate authority - FESco - which is exactly what's happened? The
only alternative is for someone to abuse Red Hat chains of command to
force some kind of change in this policy, which is exactly the kind of
thing that should _not_ happen in Fedora. The current process appears to
precisely the correct one, so far as I can see. The issue will be
considered in very timely fashion by the appropriately-constituted (and
majority-elected!) authority, which will decide what the appropriate
response will be.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey