Vote for the bug (was Re: Local users get to play root?)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:25:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at pobox.com> wrote:
> Are you not familiar with the concept of bugzilla votes?  Try clicking on
> the '(vote)' link sometime.

I'm not aware of a workflow or policy which takes into account
bugzilla votes in Fedora.  Individual maintainers may or may not
consider votes when prioritizing how they use bugzilla, but there's
certainly nothing that I am aware that suggests that highly voted on
bugs are subject to high level review or discussion as a part of
project management.  I fear that you are encouraging people to vote
with the expectation that the vote will matter in some way when it may
not.

-jef