Vote for the bug (was Re: Local users get to play root?)

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at pobox.com
Fri Nov 20 03:10:11 UTC 2009

On 11/19/2009 09:20 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Jeff Garzik<jgarzik at pobox.com>  wrote:
>> I'm curious what Fedora leaders think is the proper forum for __Fedora
>> users__ to register complaints against this policy.  Voting seems to be the
>> most efficient, and least spam-y method of doing so, but I am open to
>> suggestions!
>
> Voting doesn't mean much if there's no agreement to process the votes.

No, you misunderstand the purpose of Bugzilla voting.

> But I think you've failed to state something important.  I think what
> you really want to know is how Fedora users can register complaints
> meant to illicit an immediate response... faster than the turn around
> one can obtain via a fesco meeting.  You want a 911 number to call,
> instead of a town meeting to speak at.

No, that's not it at all.

I meant precisely what I said, no more, no less:  it makes ZERO sense to
squelch Fedora users' feedback.  Fedora leaders are saying "no feedback
on fedora-devel" and "no feedback on the bugzilla", and now, no Bugzilla
voting.

Bugzilla voting was created precisely so that users could raise the
profile of a bug and register their voice, without adding actual noise
to the discussion.  Similar to "like" links on Facebook.

Fedora users -- keep on voting, that is why the feature exists.

	Jeff