F12: where did window properties go?

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Fri Nov 20 03:51:21 UTC 2009

> Upstream change or not, you're pissing off users to save 59k out of
> however many gigabytes a minimal GNOME install is.  I shouldn't really
> presume to speak for others, but for me focus-follows-mouse is wired
> into the fingertips --- it's not a negotiable UI change, it WILL cause
> me to leave a distro.  Or stop using GNOME, if they are stupid enough
> to try to kill it altogether.

See Tom, although you and I are users of Gnome, we are not _users_ of
Gnome, get it?

I'm not sure exactly why, but it's probably because I can compile a
program if I try really, really hard and you can probably do it with you
eyes closed and with hands tied behind your back. This makes us
not-users. We are automatically disqualified. ;-)

Just because every idiot OS in the world needs a stupid click to get
into a window, now Gnome has remove this option from anywhere users
could actually see it. I'm sure this was decided in some focus group or
something like that. Ergo, you must believe it. OK?

--
Bojan