Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 20 06:23:48 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 11:50 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> That's what the marketing department wants it to be.
>>
>> Meh. You said the target of the spin is not netbooks but it clearly is.
>
> You violently don't want to understand.
>
> The moblin stuff is a different use-case, primarily addressing the very
> low end of HW, which is competing with SmartPhones, the XOs and the like.

I understand your impressions but your claim that the Moblin spin isn't
targeted at netbooks is just plain wrong. There is just no way around that.

People are using custom desktops in netbooks all the time and yes, those
custom desktops are gaining market share. I gave you a desktop market
study as a reference already, Look at what Dell is recently shipping for
instance. Just hand waving wildly doesn't cut it.

Rahul