Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Nov 20 20:04:51 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 05:30 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> As I tried to express several times before in this thread: Moblin is
> addressing and entirely different use-case.
>
> Whether this use-case of interest in individual situations is a
> different question - To some it might be interesting, to me, it is not.

Yes, so the [great-]+grandparent argument that GNOME and KDE can assume
Nx768 isn't valid, since Moblin isn't a replacement for them for some
large cross-section of netbook users.  I've got at least one bug filed
on NetworkManager applet going over 600 pixels for basic functionality,
but it was recently changed from bug to enhancement.

I use an eeePC for mobile work mostly because I can run Fedora and the
Mozilla suite on it and it gets absurd battery life (I can work most of
an 8-hour train ride).  Still, this thread has inspired me to go check
out the Moblin spin again - it could be useful for other use cases.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle