Fedora rawhide rebuild in mock status 2009-11-18 x86_64

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Nov 20 21:05:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 09:20:54PM +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > mksh-39-1.fc12 (build/make) robert
>
> I tried to reproduce your build failure from your mass rebuild for mksh
>
>  - http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results/x86_64/mksh-39-1.fc12.src.rpm/result/build.log
>  - http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results/i386/mksh-39-1.fc12.src.rpm/result/build.log
>
> using a koji scratch build at the Fedora buildsystem - and there it did not
> fail:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1820331
>
> I think, you've enabled SELinux at your buildsystem which causes the /dev/*
> files to be missing in the end, but compare yourself:

it's not SELinux (that is Disabled on my builders).  I believe it is:
Bug 510183 - mock mounts /dev/pts in chroot with wrong options

because the failure comes during your %check section:
openpty failed
Child returncode was: -15

The builders are all running mock-0.9.19-1.fc12.noarch, which claims
in %changelog to have the fix for Bug 510183, but there are now
several FTBFS bugs blocking on it still, so the problem remains...

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO