Improve the way rpm decides what is newer

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at unil.ch
Sat Nov 21 01:02:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 01:36:28 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Including Vendor in comparisons is just FAIL. Packages often move
> from Fedora to RPM Fusion as legal problems are found or from RPM
> Fusion to Fedora as legal problems are cleared, there's no one vendor
> which can have precedence.

I don't follow your reasoning there.  In the config file you define:
"Fedora Project" == "RPM Fusion"
and the comparison, being equal, then proceeds to VendorRelease, which
would be identical and then you end up in the same situation we are in
now: the version-release in RPM Fusion needs to be higher than the one
you removed from the Fedora repo.