abrt and bugzilla

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Sat Nov 21 21:28:06 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 November 2009 05:54:56 Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 00:42 +0000, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Look at it this way - it's more information than you had before, not
> > less.  And I personally have often been able to find a problem with no
> > more than a traceback (especially given -debuginfo being installed, or
> > an enthusiast/developer running code from revision control and thus
> > having un-stripped binaries).
>
> Which brings up another thing, all the ones I'm getting are without
> debuginfo installed, which is rather gruesome. Can we get info sharedlib
> called in the gdb batch (https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/ticket/90)

I have had problems with using abrt to report a problem because the backtrace
does not include symbolics ... that is, debuginfo was not downloaded and
installed.

At least once during the F12 development cycle I used abrt to report a problem
and it downloaded and installed the needed debuginfo packages.

Is abrt suppose to download and install debuginfo packages?  Is this an option
and if it is how is it enabled?  Is there an abrt bug right now preventing
debuginfo processing?

Gene