Notification of uploads to the lookaside cache

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Nov 22 18:50:31 UTC 2009

Jon Stanley wrote:
> The message will contain the name of the file, the package
> concerned, the md5sum, and the user that uploaded it.  An example is
> below:
>
> File upload.cgi for package sportrop-fonts has been uploaded to the
> lookaside cache with md5sum 26489f9e92601f0f84cfbb278c2b98e1 by
> jstanley
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or room for
> improvement!

Well, since you asked... :)

I'd like to suggest that we use the name of the account uploading the
file instead of nobody at fedoraproject.org and tweak the format of the
message just a little, to make it easier to compare the output to
locally generated md5sum output.  An example:

A file has been added to the lookaside cache for sportrop-fonts:

26489f9e92601f0f84cfbb278c2b98e1  sportrop-fonts-1.0.tar.gz

Being lazy, I try to be the last one to volunteer anyone else for
work, so I have also made these suggestions in convenient unified diff
format (easily applied using git am to the infrastructure puppet
repository) at: http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/patches/upload_cgi/

Thanks for adding this feature to the upload scripts.  I think it's a
good idea.  Next up, moving from MD5 to something stronger, like
SHA256. ;)

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job.
    -- Douglas Adams