[RFC] unified i386/x86_64 install media.

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Nov 25 12:18:48 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 07:28 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Two repos, but with hardlinks.

I doubt ISO9660 can deal with hardlinks, but I have to admit I've never
really tried (I did try once and gave up pretty quickly I recall).

Also, the way I understand this works, you can just include x86_64
packages in the one repository...

When the system boots 32-bit (kernel, userland, etc, using syslinux
3.72+ ifcpu64.c32 which I have not yet been able to get to work yet) the
x86_64 packages won't show up in the available packages, 'cause of how
YUM does something with a list of compatArchs, right?

-- Jeroen