Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 21:56:17 UTC 2009

On 2009/11/28 03:37 (GMT+0530) Rahul Sundaram composed:

> Compositing is sooner or later going to be enabled by default everywhere.

>> Somehow those niche users managed 10-20 years ago before there was such a
>> thing as 3D support in XFree86/Xorg.

> Times and expectations change.

Physics don't. A two dimensional screen will never be able to more than
simulate 3D. 3D requires more dead dinosaurs, coal and/or other sources of
electrical energy than 2D to produce. I don't expect that to change, and even
if it does, using more than necessary will remain a wasteful allocation of
quickly diminishing global resources. Consequently, "enabled by default" will
be ecologically irresponsible if it does come to pass.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/