Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 23:32:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 2009/11/28 03:01 (GMT+0530) Rahul Sundaram composed:
>
>> Huh? Your perspective just seems very odd.  In a year, if we don't have
>> a composited desktop by default in Fedora, I would be very very
>> surprised. Just watch.
>
> Good thing all puters don't depend on batteries for power.

It does not matter how often people repeat that (and even if KDE has
an option to "disable composting to save power") just running a
composite manager should NOT require any more power.
If it does it is just broken. In fact it should use LESS power if done
right (less wakeups because you don't have to update the whole screen
every time something changes),

Let me say this again a cm DOES NOT require more power than a non
composited desktop. (notice the NOT)

My laptop uses 6.9W-8W when running compiz, and about the same when
running metacity (intel GM45).